Michael Sam Scouting Report
|Height & Weight:||6'2 - 261 lbs.|
|Draft Prediction:||Seventh Round|
|Ranked #73 on our Top 100 Prospects Board|
2014 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Michael Sam, DL , Missouri
Long arms, uses them well. Solid first step and anticipation to break on the ball. Consistent hard-worker, no red flags. Really lacking acceleration. Like a big SUV making a slow turn through an intersection. Needs to show more snap and viciousness on the edge. Decent anchor to hold ground against run blocking. Limited range versus the run. Plays better when tracking the QB and working his opponent back into the pocket. Really peaked as a senior.
Disappointing combine with below-average vertical and 40-yard dash. Could find a home on a defense that plays aggressive and downhill and doesn't ask their OLBs to do a whole lot in coverage. Had a special senior season that could earn him an undrafted free agent contract in the end.
Sam projects as a late flier in the seventh round, but will likely go undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft.
Latest Player News & Rumors
- 07/24 Greg Cote: Michael Sam is a distraction to embrace, not avoid - miamiherald.com
- 07/23 Dungy discusses his Michael Sam comments - Pro Football Talk
- 07/23 Tony Dungy speaks, clarifies Michael Sam comments on radio show - sportingnews.com
- 07/23 Jason Collins explains why Michael Sam won't be a distraction - sportingnews.com
- 07/23 Michael Sam a distraction? Jeff Fisher says ‘absolutely not' - washingtonpost.com
0 Comments | Add Yours
You must login in order to comment:
If you do not have an account yet, register here -- it's free