Logan Ryan Scouting Report
|School:||Rutgers Scarlet Knights|
|Height & Weight:||6'0 - 190 lbs.|
|Draft Prediction:||Third Round|
|Ranked #79 on our Top 100 Prospects Board|
2013 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
Ryan moves well in his lower half. Zone coverage is a strong suit and can close quickly to swipe at the ball. Good route recognition with crisp footwork to break on the football. Straight-line speed is adequate and can stay with his man on deep routes. If beaten by a double move, does not have enough speed to recover. Reads the quarterback's eyes well and isn't afraid to step up to contribute as a run defender.
Flips hips nicely to run with receivers. Press coverage needs work. Must use hands more effectively to throw receivers off their route. Takes good angles against the run. Fights with energy to separate from blockers. Not satisfied to simply hold the edge and looks to disrupt the play consistently. Solid tackler and stays low with good leverage. Good body control when going up for the ball. Can come down with 50/50 balls and keeps his body in between the ball and receiver. Effectively uses the sideline as an extra defender.
Ryan projects as a late second to early third round choice in the 2013 NFL Draft.
Latest Player News & Rumors
- 05/16 Patriots sign third-round pick CB Logan Ryan - patriots.com
- 05/16 Patriots Sign 3rd-Rounder Logan Ryan - Fantasy Football Mastermind
- 05/16 Agents: Patriots agree with CB Logan Ryan (Comcast SportsNet New England) - Yahoo.com
- 05/16 Agents: Patriots agree with CB Logan Ryan - Pro Football Talk
- 05/16 Patriots sign third-round draft pick Logan Ryan - The Providence Journal
0 Comments | Add Yours
You must login in order to comment:
If you do not have an account yet, register here -- it's free