Geno Smith Scouting Report
|School:||West Virginia Mountaineers|
|Height & Weight:||6'3 - 220 lbs.|
|Draft Prediction:||Top 10|
|Ranked #15 on our Top 100 Prospects Board|
2013 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
A very confident player, Smith is not afraid of big plays and tough throws. He should grow into a natural leader, but that said, he already shows poise and a determination when on the field.
One area of concern is his accuracy; the former Miami native needs to learn how to put some touch on his throws on occasion. He has a tendency to always rifle the football, which can lead to a lack of precision on short throws. He delivers a great deep ball with consistent accuracy when given time to set his feet. When moving to his left or right, Smith will have to learn to not rely solely on arm strength and use his whole body to make throws. Arm strength is not a question.
Looking ahead to the 2013 NFL Draft, Smith's stock has risen significantly. He projects as a Top 10 pick.
Latest Player News & Rumors
- 05/19 Geno Smith says he's learning how to handle criticism - Pro Football Talk
- 05/19 Geno Smith the 'preferred candidate' for Jets - Rotoworld.com
- 05/17 Geno Smith on agent, Garrard's retirement - ESPN.com NFL Nation Blog
- 05/16 Geno Smith will lean on advice from David Garrard in quest to win Jets' starting QB job (Yahoo! Spor - Yahoo.com
- 05/16 New York Jets: Geno Smith Must Win the Starting Quarterback Job - Bleacher Report
5 Comments | Add Yours
You must login in order to comment:
If you do not have an account yet, register here -- it's free